Information for New Clients
Welcome to Exceptional English!
Thank you for your interest in Exceptional English, an English-language editing website. It is really quite simple to submit a document to Exceptional English for editing. Here is a list of the steps involved:
– On the Exceptional English homepage, click on the heading “SUBMITTING” (located on the left-hand side of the page).
– On the “SUBMITTING” page, click on “Submit Document as a New Client.”
– Read “Exceptional English Terms and Conditions of Service.” If you agree with these terms and conditions, click on “I accept the terms and conditions” button located at the bottom of this page.
– Register as a new client by filling out the registration form (email address, username, password, and first and last names). Click on the “Register” button located at the bottom of this page when you have finished filling out the registration form.
– You will then be brought to a page where you can securely submit your document for editing. (Simply follow the instructions on this page.)
– Within 24 hours (usually much sooner than that), the managing editor of Exceptional English will review your document and then email a price quotation to you, based on the level of service required. This email will also state the amount of time needed to edit your document.
– If the price and turnaround time are acceptable to you, you must then visit the Exceptional English homepage and click on “PAY ONLINE” (located on the left-hand side of the page) so that you can make your credit card payment via Stripe, our secure online credit card facility. To make your credit card payment, fill out the form on the “PAY ONLINE” page and then click “Submit” at the bottom of the page. Exceptional English also accepts payment via PayPal. Please note that payment must be received from the client before the editing process can begin.
– After making the payment online, you will automatically receive a receipt by email.
– The managing editor of Exceptional English will then send you a thank-you email.
– If the editor working on your document has any questions, the managing editor will contact you by email.
– During the editing process, your editor will make use of the Track Changes feature in Microsoft Word so that you can see where all the editing changes have been made. As the author of the document, it is up to you whether to accept (or reject) each editing change. Your editor may insert comments (they can be easily deleted) in the document. These comments may consist of questions or suggestions or brief editing explanations.
– Upon completion, the managing editor will send the edited version of your document as an email attachment to you. If you require a more secure way in which to receive your edited document, please let the managing editor know so that she can make other arrangements for you (e.g., via Dropbox).