Information for Returning Clients
Welcome Back to Exceptional English!
Thank you for returning to Exceptional English! It is a privilege working with you again.
In September 2016, the Exceptional English website received a much-needed makeover. We hope you will find the new website to be simpler and more user-friendly.
If this is the first time you are using the Exceptional English website since its makeover in September 2016, and you wish to submit a new document for editing, please return to the Exceptional English homepage and click on the “Information for New Clients” button and follow the directions posted there. Even though you have previously used the services of Exceptional English, you will need to register as a new client so that you can enter a new username and password. (This information could not be retained when the Exceptional English website was updated.)
If you have already used the Exceptional English website since its makeover in September 2016 (i.e., you have a new username and password), and you wish to submit a new document for editing, please return to the Exceptional English homepage and click on the heading “SUBMITTING” (located on the left-hand side of the page).
Then proceed as follows:
– On the “SUBMITTING” page, click on “Submit Document as a Returning Client.”
– Enter your username and password and then click on the “Log In” button at the bottom of the page.
– Read “Exceptional English Terms and Conditions of Service.” If you agree with these terms and conditions, click on “I accept the terms and conditions” button located at the bottom of the page.
– You will then be brought to a page where you can securely submit your document for editing. (Simply follow the directions provided on the page.)
– Within 24 hours (usually much sooner than that), the managing editor of Exceptional English will review your document and then email a price quotation to you, based on the level of service required. This email will also state the amount of time needed to edit your document.
– If the price and turnaround time are acceptable to you, you must then visit the Exceptional English homepage and click on “PAY ONLINE” (located on the left-hand side of the page) so that you can make your credit card payment via Stripe, our secure online credit card facility. To make your credit card payment, fill out the form on the page and then click “Submit” at the bottom of the page. Exceptional English also accepts payment via PayPal. Please note that payment must be received by Exceptional English before the editing process can begin.
– After making the payment online, you will automatically receive a receipt by email.
– The managing editor will then send you a thank-you email.
– If the editor working on your document has any questions, the managing editor will contact you by email.
– During the editing process, your editor will make use of the Track Changes feature in Microsoft Word so that you can see where all the editing changes have been made. As the author of the document, it is then up to you whether to accept (or reject) each editing change. Your editor may insert comments (they can be easily deleted) in the document. These comments may consist of questions or suggestions or brief editing explanations.
– Upon completion, the managing editor will send the edited version of your document as an email attachment to you. If you require a more secure way in which to receive your edited document, please let the managing editor know so that she can make other arrangements for you (e.g., via Dropbox).